Every Friday starting in August through the end of September RMR is offering Youth Clinics starting at 6pm. The clinic is $10 per player, and consists of group instruction focusing on skating and fundamentals of the game!
RMR also offers Youth Drop In every Friday from 5pm-6pm for $5 per player.
For more information about the youth league and clinics contact league director Tina Scinski at Tinarmi@aol.com!
Just a couple of reminders league coaches/players/parents:
- All players must have a valid USA Roller Sports membership. Membership forms are available at the rink. USARS requires a copy of identification with first time submissions either a drivers license, birth certificate, or passport. The fee is $30.00.
- All players are required to wear a mouth guard. We do sell mouth guards at the rink but only a large standard size. These can be cut down but are not very comfortable for the younger kids. I recommend going to a local sport shop for small youth sizes.
- Players please wear your jerseys to practice and games. Please remember that all house jerseys will need to be returned to the league after the last game for each team at the end of session goodwill tournament. Please make sure to wash and take care of your jerseys during the season!
- Everyone needs to stay hydrated, so please…. drink lots of water every day. To reduce the passing of germs and sicknesses, all players should bring their own water bottles to practice and games.
- Players and coaches when practicing on the rink make sure that all rink doors remain closed.
- The Referees work hard for the league. Please support their decisions, whether you agree or not! All referee calls or non calls are final. Arguing or shouting from the bleachers or benches will not change anything; it just creates more tension that the players and coaches should not have to deal with. Please lead by example and let your players know the penalties will happen, it hockey; just get in the box do your time, be respectful and go back out and play your game.
- RMR does not have gender specific locker rooms. There are stalls available in each restroom for players male or female that need to change clothing. The locker rooms are a meeting place for the teams prior to and after games. Please be aware that parents, players and coaches are in and out of locker rooms at all times.
- Lastly, if you know your player will not be able to attend a game/s please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or let your coach know. Substitution players may be necessary when benches are short. RMR staff will approve subs when needed.